Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"A Meditation in Tweets"

~
I never, ever thought that I would print or in any way promote a poem written in such a distorted style. I admit, I was biased against this poem from the moment I read the title. But ultimately I was impressed by the language and the way the poet used the form to her advantage.

Pasted below is the last stanza of the poem (because, as mentioned in the addendum, the poem is intended to be read in reverse order, beginning with the last stanza).

"A Meditation in Tweets"
by Kimberly Grey

. . .
Birdbath out back but we r the birds of this tub, our little boat almost sunk & us beneath it;
necks smeared w/a pithy brightness. Let this

"A Meditation in Tweets," a poem by Kimberly Grey, was published on April 13, 2010, and is continued online in Linebreak.

No comments: