Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Poetry Month!

~
Now that we're into April, I wanted to post links to some poetry:

"Purple Peruvian Potatoes" by Rosa Salazar (a poem from r.kv.r.y., Winter 2008)

"The Lake Oswego Girls' Soccer Team at the Hilton Pool" by Keetje Kuipers (a poem from From the Fishouse, December 2006)

"The Sleepwalker's Wife" by Zachary Greenwald (a poem from The 2River View, Summer 2006)

"Swallowed" by Anne Haines (a poem from Valparaiso Poetry Review, Spring/Summer 2007, and reprinted in Best of the Net 2007)

"Dreaming Your Death" by Karen Buckley (a poem from Orbis, Spring 2005)

"she told me her mother slept with a revolver" by Justin Hyde (a poem from The Orange Room Review, October 2007)

6 comments:

k1tchenwitch said...

These are great, Leah! I particularly liked The Sleepwalker's Wife.

(p.s. ~ and I loved listening to you read your poem in the little podcast-thingie!)

Leah Browning said...

Wasn't "The Sleepwalker's Wife" a great poem? I really liked that one, too.

Thanks for your note and for the comment about the podcast. I appreciate that!

Anne Haines said...

I just stumbled across this -- thanks so much for linking to my poem "Swallowed"! :)

(To engage in a bit of shameless self-promotion, my chapbook "Breach" is now available for pre-order from Finishing Line Press ... see my blog, http://landmammal.blogspot.com, for a link.)

All best,
-Anne

Leah Browning said...

You're welcome! And thanks for the self-promotion; it's nice to have a link to more of your work.

Anonymous said...

The new issue of r.kv.r.y. quarterly is up. We invite your readers to submit for the fall issue. www.ninetymeetingsinninetydays.com. Best, Vickie Pynchon, Editor

Leah Browning said...

Thanks for the note, Vickie!

Leah